The Most Common Obstacles To Selling
One of the largest obstacles to selling is that the person selling is not matching the expectations. I have noticed many attributes that contribute to a successful salesperson. I will outline good attributes to have and common areas that will cause you to lose the deal.
Powerful closers do all of the following:
- Accepts 100% responsibility for their results. They realize the importance of ownership.
- High levels of empathy and they really care about their customer
- Intensely goal-oriented. Frequently sets goals and works to achieve them.
- Above-average will power and determination to succeed
- Believe in themselves and in the company’s values
- Always honest with themselves and with other people.
- Visualization – create a clear mental picture of the person you want to be and the goals you want to accomplish see yourself as confident and a good closer relaxed and see your couples and how they will react and yourself enjoying all the rewards.
- Beware of these common areas that will cause you to lose the deal.
1. Negative expectation or prejudging
• Takes all enthusiasm out of the salesperson
2. Lack of Sincerity
• More concerned with making money
• Doesn’t concentrate on helping the customer
3. Different Wave Length
• Analytical Vs emotional
• Different taste
4. You can never sell to someone you don’t like and vice versa
• People skills
• Learn to serve
5. Tell a prospect is wrong or arguing with them
• Never argue with a client – “A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still”
6. Discussing personal subjects
7. Knocking the Competition
• Lose credibility
8. Making promises you can’t keep
• Under-promise, over-deliver!
• Never say something your service or employees can’t do
9. Not building the dream
• What are the benefits of your product
• What problem are you solving?
10. Don’t give up
• Close 5 times